Concentrated Iodophor Teat Dip/Spray
- 20% Glycerine and Sorbitol (5% diluted) helps to prevent sore teats
- Very effective against all mastitis-causing bacteria
- The product of choice when price is a top priority
- May be dipped or sprayed at dilution rate of 1:3
A concentrated iodophor based teat dip and spray which has been specially formulated to help reduce the bacterial contamination that causes mastitis in dairy herds. It reduces the risk of infection by leaving an antiseptic film of iodine adhering to teats which have been treated by dipping or spraying.
It contains 20% Glycerol & Sorbitol to aid in the prevention and healing of cracked & chapped teats. For use as a pre-dip/spray as well as a teat dip or teat spray, and udder wash & cluster dip when milking dairy cows.
Features & Benefits
• Contains 2.15% w/v Iodine (5000 ppm Iodine when diluted 1:3)
• Medicines Act approved iodophor formulation
• Effective aid in the control of mastitis
• Helps maintain good teat condition
• Dilute 1:3 when used as a teat dip/spray & 1:7 as a pre-dip/spray
• Economical in use
• 25 litres dilutes to make 100 litres teat dip/spray
How to Use
Dilute 1 part to 3 parts of water & mix well. Fill teat cup about ⅔ full with prepared solution. Dip teats of every cow immediately after each has been milked, making sure that the full length of the teat is immersed. Top up with fresh solution as required. Empty & wash out cups after milking.
Dilute 1 part to 3 parts of water & mix well. Immediately after milking, spray the entire surface of each teat of every cow with prepared solution.
UDDER WASHING & CLUSTER DIPPING
Dilute 1:500. To help prevent cross infection, individual cloths or disposable paper towels are strongly recommended.. Immerse clusters & agitate for at least half a minute. Rinse in clean water before use.
Wash & dry udders & teats before milking.
PRE-DIPPING OR SPRAYING
Dilute 1:7 with clean water & mix well. Dip or spray teats of every cow, making sure that the entire surface is covered. Allow 15 seconds contact time, then using a single service paper towel, wipe & dry teats thoroughly before continuing with normal milking routine.